Sunday 1 May 2022

WHAT'S IN A NAME?

 Thanks TC (I think).

TC asked me to do a post on spelling since the blogging community members have slipped in this area, even old Mr pedantic the ex-schoolteacher.

I thought that I'd list the names of some philosophers which are a minefield for the incorrect speller,

Here goes:

  • Albert Camus
  • Immanuel Kant
  • Martin Buber
    Thomas Aquinas
  • Socrates
  • Ludwig Wittgenstein
  • Martha Nussbaum
  • Sigmund Freud
  • Baruch Spinoza
  • Cometan
  • Edmund Burke
  • Emile Durkheim
  • Epictitus
  • Hildegard of Bingen
  • Jeremy Bentham
  • Thomas Khun
  • Socrates
  • John Hick
  • John Locke
  • Marcus Aurelius
  • Sor Juana
  • Max Scheler
  • Michel Foucaut
  • Simone de Beauvoir
  • Rene Descartes
Ha ha. I hope that you got as fun out of that as I did.







4 comments:

  1. For readers you've 'just defined a waste of time'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am winner of the INAUGURAL "WELL, THAT'S BORING" AWARD FROM RICHARD'S BASS BAG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought my comment from Steven King's novel already won that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you really need to hone your reading skills.
      The award is for a post.
      We are awaiting confirmation from Richard about the inaugural "WELL, THAT'S BORING COMMENT" award. Keep up.

      Delete