Friday 6 December 2019

THANKS DAD

Do plants have feelings?
Do they feel gratitude?

We have a little bank of herbs in the kitchen, on the bench - basil, mint, Thai basil and another basil.
I have them sitting in little bowls close to the sink so that it's easy to top them up with water. They get a bit of shade but also, depending on the time of day, sufficient sunlight through the kitchen window.



When I water them I immediately notice a burst of aroma from them individual to the herb that they are. It's like they are thanking me for giving them some refreshment and saying "THANKS DAD"

Is that crazy?

12 comments:

  1. Happy to help out. Maybe you you need to read Richard's Bass Bag* for further enlightenment.


    * the original bass bagging site

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment was never written by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment could have been a good one by this author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You better watch out or I'll republish the comment I deleted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Or are you too busy chatting to those herbs, dad?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My comment was along the lines of of a pun on your comment about reading "reading Richard's Bass Bag* for further enlightenment." I suggested that your blog 'lightens' readers as it gives them the shits.
    It was vulgar and scatological. My apologies as it wasn't up to the high standards usually set by The Curmudgeons Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, to get up to your standards I'd need paper inside my shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A slip of paper inside your slippers would seem appropriate.

    ReplyDelete